I feel as though I've been terribly neglecting my blog lately. Not a good way to start the new year. But really, I just haven't had much to say. Other than typical holiday stuff, not a lot has happened. Mike, the boys, and I enjoyed our two weeks off from school/work/schedules. We took some walks, played with our Christmas toys, and hung out with friends.
Oh, and we played a lot of Battleship.
All this downtime meant I was left to do some serious thinking. (Especially fitting with the new year and all.) What have I been thinking about, you ask? It's more like, what I haven't I been thinking about.
1. I need a new job. I am terribly unhappy in my current position and I can't bear the thought of staying in this position through 2010. It's unfortunate because I thought my current job would be "the one". (As in, the place I'd rest my creative, independent thinking, team oriented, people pleasing self for the next several years.) Alas, it isn't meant to be.
2. I've come to the realization that Mike and I will not be birthing more kids. I'm sad but it's the right thing for our family. (Notice, I said "birthing". I haven't given up on fostering/adoption. Not that Mike is interested in either. But...)
3. We've decided to buy a puppy for the family. (This may be a consolation prize for the "no babies for Natalie" future, especially since I'm the one who gets to pick the breed.) I've been doing some research and have narrowed it down to five breeds - Basset Hound, Beagle, Bichon Frise, Labrador Retriever, or Maltipoo. Yes, I realize there is a big variety in size and look but I have several factors to consider.
4. I hate participating in the parent/teacher group at Nick's school. It was fun last year but this year its being run by a few parents who are overbearing, over committed, and over involved. Unfortunately, I'm on the spring carnival committee so I'm stuck volunteering until the event is over. But once it is, I'm outta there.
5. I love to quilt. I know, I know - everyone already knows that. But I got to work on some quilts over the holidays and I realize how much I miss it and how I don't get to do it as much as I'd like. (It may be possible that I'll never get to quilt as much as I'd like.)
Thanks for letting me share these thoughts we with you. I'll return soon with my regular updates on life with the Polack's.