Tuesday, August 5, 2008

NYC - Day 2

Hubby's chosen activity – a Yankees game – was on the schedule for day two of our vacation. Not wanting to keep the boys up late (or navigate the Bronx late at night), we chose a day game versus the Minnesota Twins. We leisurely got around in the morning with both boys getting back to the toys they’d discovered at Aunt Carolyn’s house. Nicklas stuck to the pirate legos, while Seeger and I did some play-do that Carolyn had borrowed from a neighbor. Check out the tiger I made!


Aunt Carolyn and Uncle Bob were nice enough to let us borrow their van to drive to Yankees stadium so we set off around 10 AM. We chose a scenic route that took us along the Long Island Sound and over the Throgs Neck Bridge. Getting to the stadium was pretty easy and parking was only $20. We had bought our tickets on Stub Hub a few months ago and went with the cheap bleacher seats. We didn’t realize it at the time but there is no alcohol served in the bleacher seats (which is nice since we had the kids) and there also isn’t access to the rest of the stadium (a bummer for all of us). So we were pretty limited with exploring but the popcorn, pretzels, peanuts, hotdogs, Twizzlers, and M&M’s that we bought were a nice distraction.



The game was a fun – what I’d classify as a good game since there were lots of hits and running the bases. Hubby rolls his eyes when I say this because he says that no-hitters are “good” baseball. But really, I think that’s just boring. I kept my eye out for Madonna since she’s such a big Yankees fan but I don’t think she usually sits in the bleacher seats.

After the game, we headed back to Aunt Carolyn’s where she and Uncle Bob made us an awesome tuna dinner (I hate tuna and I generally don’t like fish but it was really, really yummy!) with lots of veggies from their garden. We enjoyed the relaxing evening and it was nice to sit outside with them and share a nice bottle of wine. Their backyard is like a little garden retreat and certainly gets me thinking about all the potential we have for landscaping our yard. This is a photo of hubby and Seeger right before dinner.



Day three – coming soon!

No comments: