Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hotel Helix


Hubby and I spent our anniversary in Washington, DC this year. When I have a little more time, I hope to write about it and show off some pictures from the famous landmarks we visited. I promised to post some pictures from the hotel we stayed in so I wanted to get those uploaded.

I was a little nervous about Hotel Helix - a Kimpton brand hotel that boasts itself as being a Hollywood style, luxurious hotel - since it was the cheapest place in the city but I decided I couldn't pass up the deal and booked it anyway. Luxurious was a bit of an overstatement but it was a semi-clean, boutique hotel located in a residential area. It's retro uniqueness made the experience fun and for only $83/night, we didn't have high expectations. I loved the lime green minibar, orange desk chair, and two bathrobes - one in leopard print, the other zebra print.





Although we spent almost an entire day without any towels and the hotel was a bit of a hike to the nearest Metro stop, at $83, I would definitely stay at Hotel Helix again.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I LOVE that hotel! You were so right about the cool interior.