Monday, March 2, 2009

Double Date


I usually come to work on Monday mornings thinking the weekend went by to fast. This morning, I feel like that's an understatement. Seriously - what happened to it? The days flew by fast and were highlighted with a visit from my mom, poker night, and a double date with the Polack's brother and his wife. We are so good about getting our kids together but rarely plan something for the four of us. It was fun to have a grown up date night with them. (And I had the high score in bowling so I'm claiming victory on the evening!)





Following our busy weekend is the upcoming busy week. I have to do the quilting on a quilt tonight (that means starting and finishing it!) and tomorrow I have a meeting for work at 9:30pm. Yes, that's late. The Polack asked who schedules meetings at 9:30 at night. The answer is computer science faculty and staff who spend all their time in front of a computer and consider basic human needs like food and sleep an afterthought. Nicklas finished he report on Ronald Reagan but has to prepare for the dramatic portrayal. He also has a boy scout meeting. I'm going to see a production of Dracula with a friend. (Which I'm looking forward to even though it cuts into my Survivor time!) And this week, I'm immersed in getting everything ready for the big fundraiser at Nicklas's school. There's more activity on our calendar but I won't continue to bore you. We're all busy, right?

No comments: