Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Feeling fabulous

At hubby's insistence, I went shopping for clothes the other day. After striking out at the mall (I've mentioned I'm frugal which means I rarely justify spending loads on the current seasons must have), I went to my favorite stand-by, Second Glance. Second Glance is a resale shop that I usually have pretty good luck with. They stock quality, gently used clothing and I like that they organize everything by size AND color. You have to do some digging to find the really good buys and since there are so many different brands, sizes can be a little wacky. But if you have the time and patience, you can score some good deals. (And really, I'm all about the good deals.)



After collecting three armfuls and trying on close to 50 items, I walked away with an awesome red Liz Claiborne purse, two dresses (both still had tags on them!), two pairs of jeans, two sweaters, three pairs of pants, and six shirts. I had filled my punch card so I received an additional 15% off with a total bill of $160. And now I wear my new clothes and I feel fabulous (and hubby doesn't have to hear my moan about not having anything fun to wear.) Here's a photo of the new purse. Only $12.00!!

No comments: